Tuesday 21 July 2009

Checking galleries in Madrid + new work / Revisando galerias en Madrid + nuevas obras


At the beginning of July went to Madrid, in part because my sister lives there but I really went to check galleries. I was so disappointed about the art scene, or lack of it, in Barcelona that followed the recommendations of almost all my friends and went to Madrid. I haven’t got any contacts, I know NO ONE, and so I walked as much as an ugly prostitute in Casa de Campo. I wore my sandals down and I felt like Jesus preaching all over Judea (the 40 degrees Celsius helped), but I found apparent receptive people, with and very positive attitude. And a general high level of work on show. I remained me of what I felt while checking on San Francisco and Munich years ago. I will go back on October with something in hand…
Since I came back from Madrid I had this urgency to take on my watercolours and just be very free and irresponsible, and basically do whatever I like, which is the ideal state for create anything: not to have anything to loose.
I took again, as usual, some of these images I keep collecting from papers and did a series of very fast portraits of apparent nameless people, and a dog kind of mask. You can see the results in these images. I don’t know where I am going with this but at this point I really don’t care. The important thing is not to stop creating and since I am quite stuck with a very large painting to solve from my soldier series this doing for the sake of doing is quite OK… I’ll talk about this later…

En español!!

Los primeros días de julio me fui a Madrid, en parte para visitar a mi hermana que vive allí, pero principalmente para estudiar las galerías. Yo quedé tan desilusionada por el ambiente artístico en Barcelona, o la falta de ello, que decidí seguir los consejos de casi todos mis amigos en Barcelona y me fuí a Madrid. Allí no tengo ningún tipo de contacto, no conozco A NADIE, así que caminé más que una puta fea en Casa de Campo. Gasté el talón de mis sandalias y me sentía como Jesús proclamando por toda Judea (los 40 grados de temperatura ayudaron …), pero me quedé muy impresionada porque la gente parecía aparentemente receptiva. El nivel del trabajo expuesto era en general bastante alto, y me recordaba aquello que sintiera en San Francisco y en Munich en mis viajes de exploración. Volveré en octubre con algo en la mano…
Desde que regresé de Madrid me dió esta urgencia de usar mis acuarelas y simplemente ser libre y muy irresponsible y hacer lo que me diera la gana, que es el estado ideal para crear algo: el no tener nada que perder.
Tomé, como siempre, unas fotos de la prensa, de esas que he ido coleccionando e hice una serie de retratos de gentes sin nombre, y una máscara de perro, o algo así. Vean las fotos. No se dónde voy con estas obras pero no me importa. Lo importante es no parar de trabajar,y ya que estoy paralizada con una obra muy grande que es parte de la serie de soldados, este hacer por hacer me sienta bastante bien… Escribiré de ello en otra occasión.

No comments:

Post a Comment